Not all grads will make the list. Will you be one?
- Graduation is on the horizon. And with it, the prospect of a new life—your life. You don’t yet know where it will take you, but soon you’ll have to decide where it will begin.
- You don’t want to stop learning. You want to delve deeper: into the real world of emerging technologies, of successful — and flash-in-the-pan — companies. You want to be valued for your mind and not just your memory for sandwich orders. You want to build relationships, close deals. Emerge as an expert in something you actually care about.
And that’s just the beginning
As a freshly hatched Sales Development Associate, you’ll get to:
- Live and work in the Bay Area, and develop your own connections in Silicon Valley itself.
- Learn about technology firsthand from the entrepreneurs and financiers who are shaping its future.
- Hobnob with entrepreneurs, executives, VCs and other decision makers at GigaOM conferences and events.
- Cultivate new client relationships for GigaOM Pro, our pioneering market research service.
- Identify and persuade new buyers with artful value propositions.
- Learn how to close new deals on your own and qualify larger deals.
- Enjoy a ridiculously generous benefits package and a flexible work schedule.
- Think strategically and tactically, and show off your wits after hours.
- Make a genuine impact at a company with broad reach.
- Get rewarded for your brains and doing what you love best.
What it takes
You are smart and creative; a decisive professional who knows how to balance tactical and strategic issues.
You are not afraid of calling people you have never met, getting to know them and then asking for their business.
You are a doer, constantly figuring out where the ideal customer is and how to meet them, not waiting for marketing to bring you the “Glengarry” leads.
You have high integrity, honesty and a straightforward manner.
You are an articulate presenter and perceptive listener, making customers feel you are an ally with solutions that meet their needs.
You are driven to achieve; competitive when dealing with the outside, but collaborative with your internal team.
You have a sense of humor, because there’s more to life than doing good work.
Class of 2012