Eleven cloud technology startups to present on stage at fifth-annual GigaOM Structure conference on June 20-21, 2012 in San Francisco
San Francisco, CA, May 29, 2012 – GigaOM, a leading business and technology media company, today announced the finalists of the GigaOM Structure LaunchPad, a competition recognizing emerging startups in the cloud computing industry. The 11 LaunchPad finalists will present their companies on stage at Structure, scheduled for June 20-21, 2012 in San Francisco. Now in its fifth year, Structure will bring together more than 1000 business and technology innovators for two days of in-depth discussions on the future of cloud computing.
“Dozens of cloud startups applied to Structure LaunchPad, but the 11 finalists stood head and shoulders above the rest for their innovative ideas, forward-thinking business models, and cutting-edge technologies,” said Stacey Higginbotham, Structure chair and senior writer for GigaOM. “Chosen after a rigorous review process, these companies are forging new ground when it comes to advancing cloud computing.”
The 11 LaunchPad finalists are as follows:
- Atlantis Computing provides a new product that goes beyond the VDI market and makes it possible to leverage commodity servers for storage-intensive virtualized applications in cloud environments.
- Cirro empowers non-technical analysts to perform complex analysis on big data and traditional data with the simplicity of Microsoft Excel or other business intelligence tools.
- Cluttr is a startup focused on helping companies manage their data centers more efficiently and responsibly, with a smaller footprint on our environment.
- ComputeNext is a transparent marketplace for consumers and providers of cloud services that empowers choice and enables the search, purchase, and utilization of compute resources.
- Garantia Data is a fully automated cloud service for reliable memcached and infinitely-scalable redis, requiring zero management and guaranteeing absolutely no data loss.
- Keen provides analytics infrastructure as a service for mobile applications.
- MLstate is the provider of Opa, a radical new open source cloud development language designed to considerably accelerate time-to-market for high-performance, massively scalable, exceptionally secure services and applications on any connected device.
- OneOps enables organizations to design cloud-based applications that align software requirements with business goals, automating the transition to agile operations.
- Stormpath develops cloud-based identity and access management tools and API services, and supports the Apache Shiro project, a powerful and easy-to-use Java security framework installed in over 100,000 organizations.
- Tempo is the data layer for the measured world- purpose-built to store and analyze massive streams of time-series data generated by sensors and connected devices.
- ThroughPuter is a parallel program development and execution Platform as a Service.
The startups that applied to present at the Structure LaunchPad were less than 12 months old with technologies in cloud computing, internet infrastructure, and big data. Two overall winners will be chosen, one by a panel of judges and the other by the conference audience. GigaOM and partner Sequoia Capital will work with winners at a Startup Bootcamp to improve their communication and media skills.
Structure is the definitive cloud-computing conference for executives, investors, entrepreneurs, and technology leaders who are defining the cloud computing industry. Speakers from companies such as Cisco, Amazon, Box, Zynga, Netflix, Microsoft, will deliver keynotes and engage in interactive panels, fireside chats, and roundtables to discuss how cloud computing can drive innovation in software, infrastructure, communications, chips, servers, networking, and other building blocks of the computing industry.
For the past four years, Structure has sold out. Business leaders, IT professionals, investors, entrepreneurs, interested in the future of cloud computing should register right away to ensure their place.
Some of the world’s most influential companies have lined up to sponsor Structure 2012 – the only conference that brings together the world’s top leaders and influencers in cloud computing. Headline sponsor Intel will be joined by dozens of other confirmed sponsors, including Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, E*TRADE, IBM, Joyent, Red Hat and VMware. To gain visibility for your brand among the movers-and-shakers of the cloud computing industry, contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry. GigaOM Pro offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors.